When we look to attract new audiences, we first need to understand what our brand stands for. The Kapferer Brand Identity Prism* is a great tool to help you start building your brand identity.
The Kapferer Brand Identity Prism:
- Physique: What are the underlying physical characteristics of your brand?
- Personality: What is the character of your brand?
- Culture: What is the culture and values of the country from which your brand originates from, and its demographic?
- Relationship: What is the relationship between your brand and its customers?
- Self-image: How does the audience of your brand see themselves?
- Reflection: How does the brand perceive its audience?
Identifying the core pillars of your brand
Once you have written 5-10 words for each of the six categories, you may start seeing a pattern of repeated words. Highlight these words and use them to build the core pillars of your brand.
* developed by Jean-Noel Kapferer in 1986